The Maltese Association of Psychiatry is proud to present its Annual Conference. This year’s chosen theme is Mental Health and the Environment. Look around us – climate change, noisy and dirty roads, dusty air and polluted sea. Our youths are calling us to action to affect change. We are increasingly aware of the effect our surroundings have on us. Even within the work environment, including practicing in crowded wards, or run-down clinics. From natural disasters, toxic waste, lack of green spaces, urbanicity, to traffic, light and sound pollution: we would like to explore the evidence of the relationship (harmful or beneficial) between environmental factors and mental health. Through this community of academics, professionals, activists and experts by experience, we hope to enrich our minds with information, create awareness and call to action policy makers to invest in prevention strategies and work towards achieving optimal mental health for all.
This conference is aimed at anyone interested in the environment and its effect on us including but not exclusive to:
- Mental health professionals and health professionals in all specialties
- Social health professionals
- Environmental scientists
- Members of the general public interested in the topic
- Date: 28 & 29 November 2023
- Venue: Mediterranean Conference Centre Valletta
- Early Bird Prices (until 31-10-2023):
o MAP Member/Student Rates: 1 DAY – 120€ 2 DAYS – 220€
o Standard Rate: 1 DAY – 130€ 2 DAYS – 240€
- Normal Prices (1-11-2023 until 21-11-2023):
o MAP Member/Student Rates: 1 DAY – 135€ 2 DAYS – 250€
o Standard Rate: 1 DAY – 150€ 2 DAYS – 270€
- 6 CME Credits will be issued for attendance of each day, 12 CME for both days.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be sent via e-mail following the Conference upon completion of short feedback survey.
Book your place on www.map.org.mt
Deadline for registration: 21 November 2023