The foundations of the Kamra were laid amid the Sette Giugno uprisings of 1919 when, despite the turmoil brought about by the riots and the end of the Spanish flu pandemic, the new Governor, Field Marshall Herbert Charles Onslow Plumer brought into force the Architects’ Ordinance on the 25th July 1919. Less than a year later, on the 12th June 1920, he enacted Government Notice 202, which established the Chamber of Architects, now known as the Kamra tal-Periti.
A century later, the profession is going through similar turmoil as the new Periti Act, which is currently being discussed in Parliament, is challenging the founding concept of self-regulation upon which the profession has been built for centuries, while the COVID-19 pandemic conditions the well-being and quality of life of our communities, compelling us to hold our first ever virtual AGM.
Meanwhile, discussions are still going on behind the scenes to secure a positive outcome for the new regulatory framework that will govern the construction industry.
Join us on 10th December at 5.30pm to be better informed about all that has been going on and to participate in the decisions we take together as one professional body.
Opening by Honorary Secretary
Reading and Approval of minutes of AGM 2019
Presentation of Delegates’ Reports
Presentation and Approval of Accounts
Launch of Design Competitions
Election for Council Members
Election for Vice President
Election of President
Periti can register for the AGM which will be held on Zoom by clicking on the registration button below.
|Motion 1||Participation in AGM|
|Motion 2||Periti Act|
|Motion 3||Building & Construction Regulation Framework|
Nominations are closed on 30th November, 2020.
The following nominations were received:
|Vice President||Perit Dr Amber Wismayer|
|Council Members||Perit Adrian Mangion
Perit Dr Jeanette Muñoz Abela
Perit Mathias Camilleri
Perit Toni Bezzina
Minutes for approval
- ACE – Perit David Felice
- BICC Advisory Board – Perit Simone Vella Lenicker
- BICC Education & Training Working Group – Perit René Cutajar
- BICC Building Regulation Working Group – Perit Andre Pizzuto
- BICC Property Market Working Group – Perit Simone Vella Lenicker
- BICC Regeneration of Property Working Group – Perit Amber Wismayer
- BICC Research & Innovation Working Group – Dr Konrad Xuereb
- Building Regulation Board – Perit Simone Vella Lenicker
- CAA – Perit Joseph Galea
- ECCE – Dr Jeanette Muñoz Abela
- FEANI – Dr Jeanette Muñoz Abela
- MFPA Council – Prof. Alex Torpiano
- PA Users’ Committee – Perit Simone Vella Lenicker
- UMAR – Perit Anthony Fenech Vella
- Warranting Board – Perit Catherine Galea
- Warranting Board – Prof. Alex Torpiano