Covering a broad spectrum of areas, this 9-session series is a unique opportunity to get up to speed with the latest developments that are expected to shape the architectural profession.
Who Should Attend?
This series of webinars is suitable for architects, civil engineers, and executives working closely with people in the architectural profession.
All sessions will run from 09:30 – 10:15 and will be held virtually through Cisco WEBEX.
9-session fee for KTP paid-up members: Eur150 (incl VAT)*
*Non-KTP paid-up members: Eur250 (incl VAT)
Fee for students and undergraduates: Eur65 (incl VAT)
25 June 2021 | 09:30
An overview of Malta’s main macroeconomic indicators and economic performance, key contributing factors, and an outlook for the short to medium term, while taking Covid-19 into account. Emerging trends and observations will be discussed, providing insights into likely changes in behaviour of economic agents and socio-economic aspects.
Income Tax and VAT Compliance
9 July 2021 | 09:30
The session will address the statutory obligations applicable for architecture firms and architects under the provisions of the Income Tax Acts and Value Added Tax Act, including:
· The forms which companies, partnerships and individuals are required to prepare, complete and, where applicable, submit from an income tax and VAT perspectives;
· The tax settlement dates vis-à-vis any taxes due by companies, partnerships and individuals; and
· A brief overview of the compliance obligations applicable under FATCA, CRS and DAC6.
Principles of good corporate governance
23 July 2021 | 09:30
This session is intended to provide you with an insight of corporate governance principles, policies and best practices and a comprehensive understanding of board governance and how Board and Board Committees can contribute towards an effective corporate governance framework, including:
· What is corporate governance and the risks of poor governance?
· What are the principles of good corporate governance?
· Application ofgovernance rules and principles
· The composition and structure of the Board of Directors and the importance of diversity
· The contribution of the Board of Directors and Board committees in designing and implementing an effective governance framework
· Remuneration of directors
· Corporate social responsibility.
Recent developments in Rent Law
6 August 2021 | 09:30
The Private Residential Leases Act came into force on 1 January 2020 in order to regulate the property rental market. During this session we will highlight the main Rent Regulations, various responsibilities of landlords and tenants and salient points emanating from this act.
Principles of Contract Law
3 September 2021 | 09:30
During this session we will explore what contracting obligations emanate from the buying/selling of property and any other contractual obligations specific to the architectural profession.
Payroll and Immigration Compliance
17 September 2021 | 09:30
During this session, we will take you through an understanding of the applicable Maltese regulations and the practical perspective in computing payroll. This session will also detail the employers’ obligation with respect to the necessary forms to be submitted with the Maltese authorities and the relevant documents which need to be provided to their employees.
The second half of this session will delve into immigration compliance and will focus primarily on the employer’s duties when hiring foreign nationals with the employing company/firm. For the purpose of this session, we will be focusing on service users, namely third country nationals and their obligations under the provisions of Malta’s Immigration Act.
Establishing great online presence
1 October 2021 | 09:30
In today’s digital world, many of us are using social media to remain connected, receive news or just pass the time. But how can we use it to our advantage in a business context and what formula would differentiate a good online presence from a great one? This session will explore key insights into the online world with a special focus for local architects.
Managing your cash flow effectively
15 October 2021 | 09:30
Cash is King! Cash is the lifeblood of every business, without cash businesses cannot grow and survive in the long term. Every entrepreneur needs to understand their cash flow drivers and what exactly is their cash conversion cycle. Effective cash flow management is therefore essential for the survival of the business.
During this session we will:
1. Demonstrate the difference between cash flow and profitability
2. Take you through the different elements to consider when preparing short-term and long-term cash flows
3. Discuss the working capital cycle and the cash conversion cycle
4. Provide insights, ways and methods to shorten the cash conversion cycle and possible process changes that could improve cashflow.
29 October 2021 | 09:30
In 2016, the EU adopted the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on the 25th of May 2018, giving Member States two years to fully implement the Regulation. The GDPR replaces the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and is now recognised as law across the EU. The GDPR defines the key principles that need to be observed by organisations when processing personal data. Organisations are responsible and must be able to demonstrate compliance to the key principles of data processing. Compliance to these principles is fundamental for good data protection practice and failure to comply with these principles may expose organisations to reputational risk, as well as substantial fines. The GDPR presents organisations with numerous and onerous obligations earmarked to enhance organisations’ accountability and protect the personal data of data subjects. The GDPR also provides individuals, better referred to as data subjects, with several rights.
This course will:
· Introduce and define key GDPR terminology;
· Define when a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body is considered as a data controller vs. data processor;
· Define the key obligations of data controllers and data processors;
· Highlight the key principles of data processing;
· Provide an overview of data subject rights and the implications for data controllers; and
· Define what is considered as a data breach incident and the obligations of data controllers and data processors in the case of a data breach incident.