The latest ECCE edition that was published in October 2014 is the book “Footbridges – Small is beautiful”. This is the second book prepared by ECCE on the subject of cultural and technical heritage in civil engineering and architecture. The task of the Task Force Civil Engineering Heritage was to undertake as comprehensive as possible a review of the achievements of human expertise in the construction of bridges specifically intended for pedestrians.
Some details about the book:
- the book contains 416 pages
- a total of 196 footbridges (179 in Europe and 17 in Japan) are presented in words and pictures
- the book contains a total of 613 photographs, including 43 two-page spreads
- important events in the history of bridge building are covered in a 34-page section
- more than 70 different authors from Europe and Japan have contributed to the book
- the book presents a rich and diverse selection of footbridges of various kinds, many of them world record holders
- both historic and modern bridges are included
- the key criteria for the selection of individual bridges were their technical and architectural features and characteristics, while some are simply attractive
Our book “Footbridges – Small is beautiful” is a great coffee table hardcover book, a perfect gift and ideal to sit on a coffee table or similar surface in an area where guests sit and are entertained.