CIR 07/22 | BCA Clearances
Following the EGM held on Thursday 26th May 2022, the Minister for Public Works and Planning was informed of the approved motion and has agreed to instruct the BCA to suspend the coming into force of the Guidelines it had circulated at the Informative Session last Monday.
Periti are thus required to follow the procedures outlined in the BCA Guidance Note dated 17th March 2022, namely:
- To not file anything to the BCA when there are no works;
- To submit regulation 4 declarations when works fall outside the scope of S.L. 623.06
(LN 136 of 2019, as amended); i.e., no third-party structures are affected.
- To submit regulation 26 declarations when works are of a minor scale and/or the potential risk of the works is limited to minor, superficial damages;
- To submit written requests for regulation 25 waivers signed by the beneficiaries of such waivers when appropriate, namely:
- Appointing an STO
- Partial or full method statement
- Condition Reports
Perit André Pizzuto